View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
So, what you guys are saying is; cut myself some slack? Maybe I just don't love myself enough at this point? I'm just feeling very down right now and frustrated with everything. Picking apart all my friendships, analyzing my own shortcomings to the point that I cry, etc. sometimes I just hate who I am, and some days I'm at peace with it. Today is not a peaceful day.
How about "hey, life has been kicking your ass, no need to join in"

Ya know how much better you feel when he shares his honest feelings with you? I wonder if he would feel that way if you told him that you see and appreciate his efforts and you are mad at yourself for not always responding but you do appreciate it and you are trying and you are worth waiting for so please be patient?

It takes a while to unwind a mess that took years to make, you are BOTH making progress - BOTH ... Holy crap, how cool is that! How awesome are you for working on yourself rather than trying to fix him?

Wait, I'm sorry - was I supposed to pile on and kick too so you could rest that leg? Hang in there my friend. I checked the rule book and there is no rule that says you can't smile.