View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Originally Posted by JackieC View Post
I'm so right there with you. I've gotten to where I can't even imagine going out again. I used to go out all the time and now I just . . . don't. I feel like a hermit. When I have my kids, I end up at least leaving the house to do all their stuff that needs to be done but when they're with they're with their dad, I am on this couch, drinking tea, watching tv and on my computer. With my cats, which certainly doesn't help the whole hermit feeling, haha.

But the thing is, when I think of going out like I used to, I am filled with anxiety. Panic, almost.

So in I stay.

Jackie
I almost went out to eat at my favorite restaurant/bar today, but blew it off. I figured a daytime outing would be best - just order iced tea and no questions. But I'm kind of trying to lose weight in addition to staying sober, and it's a pizza place. My wife has been sober for seven years, and when I was out drinking people often asked where she was. I would just tell them she doesn't drink anymore. But she is a recluse. We go to dinner parties with friends on rare occasions, but that's about it. This is kind of sad - my party friends don't know I'm sober, and none have contacted me since Christmas. It makes me realize they were just people I drank with - not really friends. Oh, well. I need sober friends right now, anyway. Starting a class on Wednesday - maybe that lead to some connections.