View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dbj4190
Mr B

Unhappy Felt good/feeling down

[I]So I went to a meeting tonight and it was a great meeting. It was a call on meeting and I heard a lot of great stories tonight. So after 3rd of 4th person sharing a girl called on me. I started talking and sharing soome of my life and story about my alcoholism.

Once I was done talking I couldn't help but feel sad about my alcoholism. I know I shouldn't but I do. Even as I type this my eyes are getting watery because of the destruction I've caused for myself and family. Now I have great support from my family and my dad even goes with me to some of my meetings and some of my family go to family night where I'm going to my treatment. So I don't know why I feel the way I do knowing that they have forgiving me and and want me to continue on the good path I have gone one.

After the meeting the gentlemen who chaired tonight stood up and looked at me and said thank you for sharing. That came from the heart I could feel it when you talked... Hearing him say this meant the world to me because in my heart I am truly trying to do the right thing by staying sober and I have for 36 days now.

So where do these feelings come from I ask? I know I'm doing good and on the right path, I know that I have people who love me and want to see nothing but good for me, I call my sponsor on the nights I don't see him at meetings, I go to treatment faithfully and get everything I can out of it...

Just feeling lost tonight.... But one thing is for sure.... I will not look at the bottle.... I am going to talk to my higher power and hope that I can change these feelings.

Thanks for listening everyone!
DBJ