Thread: Handling worry
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by OnawaMiniya View Post
Can I ask, do you tend toward this kind of worrying with others, yourself, or both? Asking because the example you have was of you worrying for/about someone else.

If it's others, does it tend to be a few, or one, select people/person?

Peace.
Everyone, including myself. Actually, just yesterday we were heading out for a family hike and the dog lunged while I was holding the leash and I couldn't move my leg around a large rock that was next to the trail, so my shin smashed against the rock and I had a 3 inch bump in like 3 seconds. I took two steps and realized we had to turn around.

As soon as I inspected the wound, I immediately saw myself in the hospital with a blood clot or something because my vein was inflamed on my leg and of course, there was quite a bit of blood, too. I always have to remind myself that my own mind gets carried away. FYI: it's healing well and the swelling is down to just a 1/4 of an inch now.

As for my son, he's still battling the loose stools so I guess I'll be calling the doctor in the AM to see about getting some stool testing done to rule out parasites or see if there is a bacterial issue. As NWGrits made mention, Crohn's disease has crossed my mind, but I try not to worry about this stuff too much. I figure if it was truly something bad, that he would have more symptoms like cramping, nausea, bloating, or even a fever, but there's been none of that. I'm still hoping this will just run it's course. In the meantime, I have him back on a regular diet except for the sugar and dairy because he's already lactose and fructose intolerant.