Thread: saga
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
benefits

I'm sorry to hear what an awful time you are having. When I left my ex-husband (who was not an addict - just a liar and a jerk) he did many of the same things your Ah is doing. When I found out he was cheating I kicked him out and he left for a while and there was peace in my home. But it didn't last - he came back and would not leave and there was really no way I could get rid of him. I tried to live with him for about a week - it was a week from hell. He would follow me around the house yelling at me, picking fights, etc. All the while saying he can't understand why I want a divorce. It got to the point where my 3 yr. old son was running away from him covering his ears yelling please don't talk, please don't talk. I had to lock my son and myself in my bedroom to get away from him - he just would not leave me alone. He then would pick to lock to get in and yell at me some more. I was lucky because I had a friend who lived alone and had 2 extra bedrooms so my son and I had a place to go. My son improved instantly and so did I.
I'm not sure if any of this is helpful to you , but you are not alone and it will get better.