Thread: Handling worry
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Handling worry

I don't know about any of you, but I tend to be a worrier. It exhausts me. I know all the lines from Al Anon, I call my sponsor, I call my mom, I write it in a journal, yet I am so weighed down by worry.

For instance: my ds has been suffering from 4-5 days of diarrhea now. No other symptoms, no pain, no bloating, no fever, etc. He feels fine other than having to run to the bathroom 5 times a day. So, I sit here and think about it WAY TOO MUCH: maybe he needs to have a stool sample test done? maybe it's serious and he needs surgery on his colon? maybe it's a bacterial infection? what if this keeps up through next week when he has school and tennis, etc and he can't get to a bathroom in time?

See? This is how crazy I am! Instead of just turning it over to God, I go through a million what if scenarios and take it to the most extreme possibility. I did this with my AH and all the crap that goes with him, too.

FYI: I took ds to the doctor yesterday and he thinks we should give it more time and then try antibiotics. I told him that antibiotics always give my son serious diarrhea to begin with so I'm really hoping we don't have to go that route. That's all he needs: you have diarrhea, but you treat it with more diarrhea? WTF?

Anyway, I just wanted to let the worriers know they are not alone and I wanted to see what tools everyone else uses to handle their worries.