Thread: Near the end
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sdp

OK.. you guys agreed to split up making dinner and you failed to remind him that, since he didn't cook the night before, it was his turn?? You bad!!! ..Just kidding. He sounds like such a jerk. The logic is just mind boggling.. How is it your fault if HE picked her up and didn;t bring her home until 9??? GGrrr.

Here are my thoughts- make of them what you will...
1) find an after school care program for Bree. Your MIL should not be allowed to pick her up from anywhere. You take her to school in the AM and you pick her up after work. Tell after care that MIL is not allowed to pick her up at all. There may be financial considerations in this, but it seems to me that by letting MIL have this access to her, you are giving her the power to undermine you. Take the power back.

2) Does MIL still volunteer at her school? Explain to the teacher, and the school, that you are having discipline problems with Bree due to MIL, and you no longer wish the MIL to be at the school,at any time. YOU are the mother. YOU have the power to decide who your child sees at school, outside of school personnel. I am sure the school will do whatever they can to assist you.

3) DO NOT let MIL be around Bree unless you are around also. If she can no longer take her to school or pick her up, that should help that way. There will be no reason for MIL to be in your house when you, and Bree, are not there.

You may think that your husband will subvert you by picking Bree up from after school care for his mother's benefit.. However, would he honestly bestir himself to do that? I know with my hub-- free time w/out kids vs. picking them up from daycare?? Time alone will win, hands down.

From what I have read from your posts, you are a good caring mother . It really(really) bothers me that your hub and his mother are making it appear that it is ok to go behind your back. As much as my husband pi$$es me off, I have never downgraded him to our children. It would only confuse and hurt them, and they are older than Bree.

You are her mother. You have power. Take it back. (and Combo's aren't all that bad )