Thread: It's time......
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Vale

Thanks, Zoso (and everyone),

Want to hear something silly? I wanted her to touch 2014. That way.....oh who's kidding who
....I just wanted more time for selfish reasons.

But in keeping with my peculiar mode of trying to inject humor into places it is
borderline inappropriate-----there are gonna be a sh*tload of happy doggies 'cuz
Xxxx's stash of Tramadol (a powerful opiate) gets donated back to the vet for other pups.

It made her life better these last couple of years. Drugs are not 'bad' in the same way
hammers are not 'bad'. Useful things whose misuse can be problematic.

I don't know what I am trying to say or how I am trying to say it. Vale's rock solid
life, accomplishments, and pride in same count for nothing today. All our lives we work
so hard to acquire----to push back the night and make the world safe for those we love.

But the time always comes....when we must return to life that which is hers. Those
dearest to us do not (and never did) 'belong' to us. Western values stress acquisition as
our raison d'etre.......but don't be fooled. Free souls are not subject to--nor do they
recognize 'ownership'. How we say 'hello', how we treat each other and the souls entrusted
to our care---for their entire lives........is at least as important as how we say goodbye.

I choose today to be happy. Happy for her life well lived. Happy to spend a few hours
going over all of Xxxx's pictures (stored on computer). Dork shots. Wearing silly Halloween
costumes (borderline dog abuse)------going one year as a 'hot dog'
(big bun around her, faux mustard, Der Wienerschnitzel label).....being forced to take a
picture each New Years with a different stupid hat on....2001...2002...2003.
...the 'look' was priceless.."get this goddamned thing off me!"

(I know, pushing 'borderline' to the limit...I hope no SPCA volunteers are reading!)

Well.....2014 will see no change to this (barbaric) tradition...just different dogs wearing
the silly 2014 cone hat. They will be just as pissed when it is put on their heads for the
time it takes to snap the picture.

Goodbye's...like life....can be bittersweet. No getting around it.

May our choices always emphasize the sweet!