View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
gabriel01

I think you should respect her choice of no contact. It's not easy for her too I think. But it sounds like she is really seriously about her recovery. If you love her, let her do it on her own and this is the way she wants too.

I wish my ABF will have such a strong will, but I know he has not hit his rock bottom, so he won't. We talked briefly couple days ago after a week of no contact (I just cut all the connection without letting him know, because I need some peace and I was in a lot of pains. Pains that was so strong I never experience before). He asked if I wanted to improve the relationship or make it get worse. I did not answer. I need time. But he went out and bought his friends booze and drugs last night. I was disappointed.

However this month, I finally started to learn to slow down. I do not have to response all the crisis immediately especially things I do not have control. I did not go crazy and cry when I know he is drinking and using.

I don't know what will happens to me or us. But NOW, I need time & peace. I know I need at least couple months or longer of no contact. If I want to spend my life with him, few months or a year is not that long to see if he will change his action and be responsible as the man I want to live with. I believe time will tell and guide me to the right direction now.