View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

Originally Posted by OrdinaryBoy View Post
It's terrible isn't it. I don't know about you but I know when I have got drunk I have said things a lot of my friends have not deserved and in the morning the anxiety is unbearable, I start sweating like crazy and going through all the 'sent' messages in my phone worrying about what I've said. I get blackouts where I can forget hours and hours of what has happened the night before and when people have told me how I've behaved I can't believe it is me.

I've tried anti-anxiety tablets as well as anti-depressants but I can't seem to get past the initial stage of waiting for them to kick in. I know things get worse before they get better with the tablets and because I drink as heavily as I do, I worry about the effects that will have if I'm doing both at the same time.

With not feeling normal, I just look at other people and wish I could be more like them. Be able to socialize and drink normally and not get so hung up about everything. I get very paranoid as well, especially if people are being overly nice to me, it makes me suspicious, which I know is stupid. I'm hoping to try take up as many new hobbies as I can in the new year.
Hi Ordinaryboy . Wow this could have been a post I've written !
I'm just curious as to why you don't let the anti depressants kick in .

Because without them you are self medicating ( through booze)
Things certainly don't get worse before they get better .
I would really recommend you continue to take them ;-)

They don't change who you are , they just make you cope . They don't change anything , just make you feel like you again. Without them at this point , i don't think you will get thru it . You have been prescribed them for a reason ;-)

I'm so glad you have posted in here and Purplelotus is in a very similar situation to you , I'm sure you can prop each other up .

Geez i was mortified when you mentioned the texting and checking your phone next morning ..ugh ... The things i said and did .but i don't have to worry about that crap any more .

I think the nail in the coffin is your shame at not being able to be present for your girls Christmas morning .THIS is your motivator ...take it and run with it .

I know you have literally had a gutfull .

I wish you well , keep posting here and read lots and lots ..you are NOT alone ..
We have all been where you are and at 27 you can turn your life around ...

You don't wanna be 47 with your girls grown up remembering a drunken Dad .

You sound like a really nice guy , give that part of you to your girls .

Much love and good luck , i look forward to more posts xxx

Good luck Rob ;-)