View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
LifeRecovery

Originally Posted by Aeryn View Post
I remember him and the OP (Cyranoak) of this thread - miss them both! I also miss Tuffgirl, StarCat and GettingBy...all part of my original "class" here shall we say. I posted here a long time ago under a different name and had to change things for privacy reasons...they all were a bit faster than me in recovery but I've now just finally got there! It's probably one of those things where you always miss those you took the original journey with.
Aeryn-

I don't take it as anyone was slower or faster but that there were different points to work on for each person as they recover.

I have been amazed to watch the growth of all of us, often not because of the similarities, but because of the differences needed.

Triggers are so hard, but I am so impressed that you re-did this thread, put it out there and are problem solving around it....not just for you, but for all of us here.

In my therapy I am finally at the point of saying it, and getting my triggers out there is SO much less painful than not saying it and staying in the same patterns.

I want to thank you for being here and for me showing such long-term recovery that I think most of us so desperately need to see modeled.