Old 12-28-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hoopgirl13

AH finally went to rehab. Mixed feelings about the situation. Angry rant

I left my AH in Nov. after I gathered enough evidence that he was in active addiction again. I had suspected for a while and tried to get his family involved, but his mother said she was too old to handle and his brother claimed that all we needed was a good Christian counselor. Needless to say, I was alone and battling with what would be best for my 4 year old and me. Since I have left, my AH has done nothing but send me degrading texts, threatened suicide and when he would come to see my son, start terrible fights. It was awful. Last sat, we attended our custody class and talked about him visiting. Later that night, he sent me a text apologizing for his actions. He mentioned nothing about drug use in the text. Sunday, I sent a text asking if he was coming to see our son, and his response was "prob. not." That was the last I had heard from him.

Christmas Eve, his brother called and asked to visit our son on Christmas Day. When he came, he said that the reason that AH was not around was because he couldn't handle it emotionally. Anyway, days pass and today comes an approval for rehab from my insurance! They should pay for this, but if they do not, who gets the bill? Me.

I am obviously not mad at AH for heading to rehab, but totally angry at his family for lying yet again for him. Even though we are separated, I still feel that I deserve to know. I am paying his bills, my bills, and providing insurance and they are taking complete advantage of me. Instead of saying, "you were right. Sorry. We need to work together to try to right some wrongs," they try to create a story that turns the blame on me. It is this enabling that caused him to never totally work his recovery. Also, his mother, a woman who claims that her grandson is her world, did not send my son a gift, card, or even offer to help get us out of the financial ruin that her son put us in. The more and more I think about it, the angrier I get. She hasn't even tried to contact me to make arrangements to see my son. Now I know that I am rambling, but I am so angry that I can't take it.