View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by Booo View Post
And pelican. You are just all that and two bags of chips, thanks!
Pelican seems to have the innate ability to say in one sentence what takes me 37 pages. If it wasn't so darned helpful it would almost be annoying!!!

Boo - glad to see that you solved the conundrum. When I get frustrated at work with not having an answer or hearing conflicting things I roll my eyes, pick up the phone and dial, ask a question, get my answer and get on with my day.

Not as good at that at home though.

Some words of wisdom I learned from a friend - "Everyone looks for themselves first in a group photo". When you ask about whether suggesting a book might or might not be worth the effort I'm guessing a lot of us turned and looked at the bookshelf, shook our head and thought 'good luck with that'.

Perhaps a more helpful response would have been "Can't hurt - just don't let it get you down if you get a response like 'uhhhhh why would I want to read that?' and be sure you don't succumb top the desire to say 'well, let's think that one over hmmmmm. why? why might you want to read this book? Why might I be fighting the overwhelming desire to lodge this book where only a nimble and encredibly talented proctologist could extract it? Why indeed...'.

You asked, he shrugged, you got on with your day and had your answer. well-played ;-)