View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Booo

Thank youALL so very much for all of yup our thoughts and experiences. I take no offense at a novel, onenightststime, I promise! I love to read and devour these boards to learn and to offer help if I can,being a divoresed spouse of A RA and the former girlfriend of a textbook narcissist It's easy for me to see other people's issues, but I think it's hard for a lot of us (one maybe just me) to see our own.
So here is the funny part...we had our Christmas which was lovely, thoughtful, sweet and happy.
We were ready to go out and I said off the cuff (you know after two days of asking questions here) "would you be interested in reading a scientific book about alcohols effects on certain people?"
And
He
Said
No.

Ha.

However then took a beat and he said "why?"

And I told him I had it, I've been reading it and it's been fascinating. And told him the scary story of George mcgoverns daughter. Also spoke a sentence or two about rational recovery.
That's as far as he went. He knows I have it, he can borrow he knows there are options to AA..it all took about 90 seconds
and the rest of the day has gone very well for me.

So thanks, really really really. I was feeling a bit defensive yesterday and I thank you for sticking with me.