View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by Booo View Post
I buried this question in a king winded post yesterday fancy me doing that! Someone, I am sorry, I can't remember who, gave their BF a book called "under the influence"
. And extremely LOGICAL book on alcoholism,
Since my AH's drinking is not out of control at the moment, since he is white knuckling it until we are home, and maybe further and maybe not. Is this an appropriate gift if I truly believe it MIGHT help him. I doubt he would pick up the Big Book if it was dipped in silver,
Input very welcome
Poor thing. Man it is so miserable when we are trying to figure out how to help and not a damned thing is working isn't it?

Pelican kinda nailed it an given your history I'm betting you read that and thought "Yeah, crap... I know he's quacking and if he was serious he'd find a book on his own".

Just makes you want to scream doesn't it? Get yourself a good book that helps you improve some aspect of yourself, or makes you laugh, or what the hell... get 50 shades and giggle with your friends about it but you know the answer to your own question and if only his problem was illiteracy then it would be so much easier but he can read and he can choose whether to pick up a book or a bottle and there isn't a damned thing we can do to make them WANT to pick up the book until they do