View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Booo

That was awesome, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

This comes to my question again.

At the end "help me"
THAT part.

He HAS asked me for help and I told him I could not help him, he had to find his path on his own, but damnit, lol, he has asked. I am thinking well, I HAVE the book myself along with if you loved me you'd stop! codependent no more and a few more at home that are a bit lame, but I read them anyway.
I am doing much better..much better in my detachment...much better and if I am the only one who will pat myself on the back I will do it.

I am also willing to fight for my relationship, so it's on the kindle and I can "loan" it to him and I can get it right back if he has no interest. Or just tell him I have it wait and see if he asks for it. He has a lot of shame. There is a lot of secrecy.

A friend here, the other night wanted to stop by the house "for happy hour". AH was not at home so I said that was fine. Had he BEEN here, I don't know what I would have said. They were bringing the booze (a bottle of wine and a six pack) but I had lemonade because I can't drink and go on with my night. I have no idea what to do in those situations. None, zero.

I am here to learn, so I thank you all for your responses.