Old 12-24-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Stung

Originally Posted by Lyssy View Post
I want to see places. Grand Canyon, historical places in the south. I have never been to New Orleans or Vegas.
Exactly! I LOVE to travel and I plan on taking my kids to as many places as I can while they're young. Every year I budget for our family to take 2 vacations, once in summer and once during the week between x-mas and New Years (which obviously isn't happening this year. Last year we went to Maui and Vancouver/Whistler. This year we went to Lanai (was supposed to be Spain but AH had too much anxiety about flying with a pregnant lady [me] and our toddler. Killjoy.) and that's it.

I know traveling can be just as fun WITHOUT any drinking involved, but even when we went to Maui last year we hired a nanny and spent an afternoon at the swim up bar at our hotel. It wasn't anything crazy, but it was nice to relax with my husband, child free for a few hours. I guess I'm hoping that if things work out, that these situations aren't going to be overly tempting for him or awkward for me. I don't know how this stuff works.

P.S. I ended up buying my AH a few Christmas presents and gave them to him last night when he dropped off gifts for the girls. The irony...he bought me a book...about traveling. It's hard to tell if I'm stupid and he's still being manipulative or if I'm lucky and he really is trying to make things better.