Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by EmmyG View Post
. What have I done to him to deserve this?
You haven't done anything. Us alcoholics beat down the ones that are with us. We take you along for the ride and you get the **** end of the stick. We take away your confidence so that we can manipulate you so that we can keep engaging in our addictions. The less confident you are the less likely you are to leave. The more we make you afraid that we are going to leave the more you will just behave the way we want you to and let us keep drinking.

Notice this cycle every time you try to stick up for yourself? We manipulate you so that you think that it is you that is the problem. It's a horrible cycle isn't it and one that isn't easy to get out of.

Truth is we need you guys more than you really need us. You have more power than you think, we just doesn't want you to think you have any.

Being an alcoholic, these posts can be hard for me to read sometimes and even answering them can be even harder. However, I make myself read them and respond if I can. Because admitting that I was that kind of person or could even go back to being that kind of person is scary.

Big hugs to you and I'm keeping you and your kids in my thoughts and prayers. Don't know why, but I am just feeling very emotional today!