View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Stung

Mags, what did your hubby tell you? AH is already out of the house and Christmas is in a few days and I do feel bad that he is missing Christmas with our kids (even though its HIS OWN fault!!!) so I don't want to just tell him to kick rocks. I guess I'm at a loss of what direction I'm supposed to be going in here because I don't know what direction he's actually going in yet. (And I just re-read that and realized how codependent I sound. Fudge!) Half of my brain says I've hit my saturation point, he's had a million and one chances, a bevy of good reasons to stop and here we are, it's time to cut MY losses and move onward and upward to better things...even if its really, really difficult at first. The other half says, what if he actually does succeed and then I will have a regular little life like our neighbor (AH's sponsor who has been sober for 14 years, married for 30+) and like PohsFriend. Maybe I should give him one more chance and play nice for now.

Hammer, I don't know what a boob hug is but that made me LOL!! Also, "I love you" and "I'm sorry" are meaningless if they're uttered every single time your spouse screws up, which happens to be damn near daily around here. I withhold I love yous from AH because those words mean something to me and I don't say them unless I mean them. And I use them constantly with my kids. As in the wrong as Mrs. Hammer may or may not be, I agree with not saying them if you don't mean them, but withholding it to be spiteful is a jerk thing to do too.