View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
Liz, being sweet is part of the whole passive aggressive playbook. He needs to keep you off balance and by being nice he is doing that.

Keep the focus on you, it doesn't matter what he is doing now. He had plenty of chances, years and years, to make these changes before you decided to move out and he didn't.

It was only important when HIS lifestyle was being impacted. As far as I can tell, nothing's changed.

Your friend,
I know and I have to remind myself of all the broken promises, etc. I swear he is different now, even with how he acts around other humans, not just with us. He isn't professing serious change, it's just how he acts around the house. Again, I've seen what I thought were changes before and it didn't take long for the drinking to start again, etc. He can usually go 2 months without drinking and then he slips and the cycle starts all over.

I still feel like I need the break. I am just frustrated that I'll have to buy new bedroom furniture for my son(his stuff here is extremely heavy and too difficult to move), a new dining table(I'll find a cheap one at Walmart or craigslist), a new TV(I won't take the one that we have here because it's too big), new dresser for my son, and a whole slew of other NEW things that I don't feel like spending money on. Even stupid stuff like a dish drainer, LOL. It all adds up. And, most places don't provide a washer and dryer, either.

I created a shopping cart at Target just to see what 'stuff' would cost and it was around $2000. Oh well, I can always resell stuff if I have to.