View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Florence

I'm sorry you're feeling so down and I hope it passes soon. I was going to suggest something like yoga or Pilates, but I see others have beaten me to it.

Do you like to draw, paint, or write (articles, long or short stories, poems, etc)?
I do actually! Since my separation with my AH I've gotten hyper-creative. Right now I'm knitting, reading, running a few websites, writing, teaching myself to cook, and doing some DIY projects around the house. I also have a treadmill that I got off of Craigslist for a song, and I walked for awhile last night. All of these things are nice, but they don't give me that feeling of gratefulness or abundance that I'm missing.

So I had a little breakthrough last night.

I think what I am missing is my relationship to the outdoors, which has more than anything, become my higher power. This atheist has struggled with that term since I started this journey. I started biking heavily this summer -- I'm not athletic, maybe I used to be once -- but that feeling of working my body in the sunshine with the wind in my hair, getting to see and interact with my environment, was really transformative. I need to fit that into my routine even when it's cold and dreary out. So I'm going to work on that.

Thanks for helping me suss this out.