View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Boleo
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post

Having gone through a few cycles myself in the markets, I realized there is wisdom that comes with making it through the tough times when many around you don't survive and end up exiting the Industry. I see parallels to sobriety and recovery. Some may have a better program or more faith but nothing can make up for the experience that time brings. Does this make someone who has 30 yrs any better than someone who has 3 months? No, of course not but the 30 yrs of sobriety probably has a few more experiences and a bit more wisdom to share.
I have experienced many promises and while they do take some time "sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them".

First I have to face fear, adversity and failure. Then I have to walk through fear adversity and failure. And finally, I have to learn something from fear, adversity and failure. That is where experience comes in.

Sometimes patience is part of that process. Sometimes I do have to take a wait and see attitude. Sometimes I have to say the prayer "This to shall pass". However, time alone guarantees nothing. "Faith without works is dead".