View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I need some new ideas. What do you guys do to refuel your tanks?
I read. Right now, I'm trying to alternate between reading self-help books and reading fiction. Also, work out at home with exercise videos & various equipment - exercise ball, free weights, resistance bands, etc. And, of course, counseling. I'm trying to get into the hang of regular Al-Anon meetings, too. Also, reading my bible, praying, and meditating help. I'm new to meditation and don't quite have the hang of it yet but I just keep trying!

For "family" time with the kids, we do game nights at home a lot. My little niece loves to play board games so we bring her over periodically to play, too. We have regular movie nights at home, too. And, occasionally we see movies in the theater (mostly "early" Sat matinees or older movies at the "cheap" theater to limit cost.) I'm in a monthly bunco club that includes older kids/teens.

You could host a game night for some family and friends. Or a cookie swap/open house? For more active ideas, there's always ice skating if you have a rink available.