View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Thanks Danae - I keep putting myself back into her shoes whenever a situation arises & think HOW DID I FEEL? And that becomes the motivation for how I handle it... I figure nurturing her to hear her gut instincts, helping her honor them & herself will save her YEARS of chasing her tail as an adult & potentially thousands in therapy. I would love nothing more than for her to go forward in life with a Real Sense of Who She Is & Where She Wants To Go..... instead of the indecision I always faced because I didn't even START this kind of self-growth until well after I had moved out of my parent's home. The waters will always churn & threaten her course, but I can teach her to navigate & adjust her sails.

I CANNOT control him, but I can take all the negative & try to braid it into something more positive so there is at least a learning lesson here & there.

It's not SO selfless though, if I'm being honest. It has been an amazing tool for me in healing my Inner Child wounds in a way I hadn't anticipated.