Thread: Blue
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
anyistoomuch

Originally Posted by Tabbj View Post
Have not been here for a few !! been really busy with job and been really tired lately. To the point I am really " BLUE " today, son is in bed, husband went hunting, I am living pay check to pay check, having trouble paying my own bills I have, feel sick to my stomach I could cry. I have tried to get a loan to bring my bills together can not get one due to things in my past. today is the first I have wanted to drink in a very long time ...
Yeah - I hear you. Money issues are the worst. They make you feel trapped, unhappy, and just remind you of all the things you did to start having money problem to begin with. Money problems are similar to alcohol, and often related. Once you are in trouble, it takes a long time and a lot of work to get out. BUT - you can get out.

I know it seems trite, but having a positive attitude will help so much. There is not going to be a quick fix, so ruminating over how hard everything is won't help you. Give your brain and soul a break by giving it a jolt of positive feeling. Do something for yourself that feels good, even if it is just to lie on the couch and think of nothing for a while.

Be kind to yourself. Smiles.