Old 12-13-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bemyself

Hi Leenamarie,

EndGame may have put it a tad bluntly (:-)) but nevertheless has a point. I know from long experience what it's like to free yourself from such a person - and no, it surely does not happen overnight.

I've just read through your first thread on the matter, so I could get a sense of what the story is for you. Perhaps - just a thought (and wish I'D thought of something like it years ago when I was boring everyone witless with tales of present and then past abusers!): just perhaps, you could change just one word. Change 'my' to 'the' or 'that' [abuser]. Sort of an extra distancing by language, just for the immediate future.

Meantime, of course, I do agree with those who've suggested you take whatever necessary steps re police - even taking into account your concerns that he will just ignore such restraints. He may be able to ignore them once, even twice...but if you continue to call the cops, go to court and so forth, he'll hopefully end up in jail. [Yes, I'm a tough bird too. Well, now I am. Not so tough back when I should have been in order to care for myself].

As Fresh would say: 'onward!!!'