View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Upsetnneedhelp View Post
Money doesn't buy happiness but it sure gives you options. The lack of money is a big deal and, liz, I would be worried also.
Thanks! Right now, I feel that I need to get clarification from him about where he's going to be getting this money from to make the down payment, pay for appliances, pay closing costs, etc. Is it fair of me to at least ask? Or do I just stay out of it?

I already sent him a message yesterday telling him that I'm not comfortable with taking on a second mortgage but he disregarded my message and asked me for the tax statements from the last 2 years. I know that he's going to do what he's going to do, but even if I file for divorce today he may not agree to it and it could take a year for it to process(or longer from what I've seen).

In the meantime, I have to keep my head screwed on straight and keep an eye on the finances. Luckily, I'm the one who set up all the investment accounts.

He just came in and defended his position on the house buying thing. How much sense it makes, how we can resell it, how the location is awesome(25 minutes away!), etc.

So, I suggested that I rent a place closer and that I move out. I know, I know...probably not a good move but I thought that might prevent the debt from occurring and might keep us safer financially. Who knows.

He was whining about getting new business cards, how this house will no longer be his, etc and I couldn't take the pity party anymore and I said, "Fine. Maybe it would be easier if I rented a place and you stayed here." Oh, that opened up a can of worms. Now, he's so confused.

What's so confusing about: I want a temporary separation and I want you to rent a place? He's the one who's making this complicated. UGH!