View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jaynie04

Originally Posted by iwanthappiness View Post
Well, my gut was correct. He did relapse and blame me. He is now living in a hotel with a court order to stay away from us b/c he became violent and hit me. Either he is delusional or really guilty because he denied it to the cops....and still blames me! I definitely will start attending al anon meetings because, at times, I wonder if I did create this mess like he says. I'll admit, I have begun to obsess with his recovery and freak out when he has been slipping, but I told myself NO more. This is not fair to our children and me. SL far, he hasn't lost his job, me or the kids. Wondering if he ever really hit bottom?
I am sorry for what you are going through, it is pretty amazing how our gut does usually lead us in the right direction.

I guess my question is "how does he know he hasn't lost you"?. He hit you. If I laid a hand on anyone I would never assume that they would take it or that I could expect anything from them again in the future. Drunk or not drunk, you do not hit. His job, well that's his deal. The kids, I guess that needs to be worked out. But you? I hope you realize how much more you deserve. It sounds like he has taken a lot away from you. Maybe he hasn't hit his bottom, but haven''t you hit yours?