Old 12-11-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
four MONTHS? all this hoohaw transpired in four itty bitty months? you moved her in, paid for everything, she's bounced around rehab, her folks, a recovery house, your place and all the while binging her guts out??? you really want all that back?

i'd ask myself WHY. you can't buy love and affection. doing everything for someone else won't get you anything but broke and disappointed. she's right, she does need to focus on her recovery 100% and i hope she does......but so do you.
Macallister,

AnvilHead knocks it out of the park with her response. She often does.

I can empathize with the fact you're heartbroken. But I have to wonder what motivates your actions. You've taken on a tremendous amount of responsibility for someone you frankly don't know. And trust me, you don't know the real her, the person that's buried underneath the drugs. What you should judge a person by is their actions. And from the outside looking in, I can tell you she just gave you an early Xmas present by ending things.

Of course, it doesn't feel that way to you right now, and I get that.

I encourage you to read our sticky notes. Knowledge in situations such as yours is power. And you need to start making better decisions for yourself.

Welcome to the Board.

ZoSo