Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Macallister

Gf and I broke up Thursday shortly after her relapse

My gf of 4 months and I broke up. She went to rehab for all of sept. after living with me for a month. She stayed with her parents for 3 weeks and then moved into a recovery house back around me. She then relapsed after 3 weeks in the house and was kicked out for 5 days. I spent the majority of those days trying to track her down and on the third day paid for a hotel room for her to detox in where I provided as much help as possible. She continued to binge for 2 more days before being allowed back in the house which consisted of overdosing twice. I've been paying the majority of her rent since she initially moved in and I've been buying her groceries and basically paying for everything. She dug herself into a money pit and I'm trying to help her out of it. After 1 month of being clean again she broke up with me 6 days ago and said that she needs to focus 100% on recovery. I fully understand that and I'm respecting it while still continuing to pay her rent. I'm just confused and upset about it. She doesn't want me out of her life and said that this doesn't mean anything about the future. She aid she feels bad that I've been paying for all of this and that she can't contribute anything back to me. My response was I don't mind taking the back seat to her sobriety and I will continue to help any way possible ( I.e. financially). I know that this is very important and I'm fine with it, I'm just hurting a lot and I don't know what to do. I hope all is well with her and as long as she doesn't die then I'm okay with all of this, I just hope she realizes how much I care and I hope that when she sorts this all out that we can get back together. Any input? Especially women would be great.