Thread: Today's Lesson
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by overit263 View Post
Mine is a bipolar addict. I think the dual diagnosis just lessens the chances of their recovery. I might be wrong but that's how it seems in my XAH's case.

They like to torment. Especially if she's twisted it in her head like you did something wrong. Mine swears I'm the reason for his misery and why he uses. I laughed right at him for that one. Mine is very self serving and has some serious delusional sense of entitlement. I'm sure I will get some of what you're getting. Can't wait.

The lyrics don't lie, I am SO thankful I'm not a bipolar addict. It's not good for the person that has it, nor for the people that suffer from their actions and words.
Bipolar is a chemical disorder, a real chemical imbalance in the brain that can make it difficult to regulate moods. Addicts will turn to alcohol, drugs, or both in order to self medicate.

BPD, on the other hand, is cognitive carnage going on between the ears. Those afflicted with it really have to go through intense cognitive behavioral therapy if they want to get better.

Combine either with addiction, and look out. That said, I feel more empathy for someone who's Bipolar. They didn't ask for it, and without the proper medication, they really can't regulate their own moods (assuming meds have any effect at all)...