Old 12-10-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Need to vent: Mr Nicey Nice is driving me crazy

So, after the pastoral counseling last week when the pastor agreed that AH should move out and that we should separate, my AH has been on stellar behavior. He's so nice it's sickeningly sweet, but I see it as manipulation. Maybe his motives are pure. I'm not sure he even understands what he does or why he does it, at times, but I don't trust this Mr Nicey Nice anymore than I trust Mr Passive Aggressive, or Mr Punisher Silent Treatment.

Although, I am taking advantage of the fact that he is doing the dishes for me, walking the dog in the evening when it's cold, he's cleaning up his messes, he's greeting me day in and day out, etc so I'm enjoying it as best as I can. Too bad I don't believe any of it. A week ago he was spouting off about how I should be the one to move out and why should he be the one to move out, and screw what's best for our child.

I'm tired of playing along. I'm also tired of him not doing anything about finding a place to live and using the holidays as his excuse. Whatever. Fine. I'll probably have to be the one to move out at this point and I'm totally OK with that. Just have to find a good therapist for our son to help him through the transition.