View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by junebee View Post

SO: Does anyone have any creative (or maybe not so creative) ideas on how to go forward with a relationship with my dad? I haven't spoken to anyone about this, and need to hear anything coming from outside my jumble of a mind.

Thank you
I would suggest you do speak about it. Like already suggested, Alanon is a pretty good, safe place to do so.

You may have even found yourself feeling a little better and safer after just putting up this posting. Good job in that regard. Something I found about the childhood stuff is that once I had taken it out of me -- by writing, posting, whatever -- it was like taking bad stuff out.

Once placed with a/the group, like here, it can not really be taken back by you -- and that is a good thing. And once you take bad stuff out from your heart, it gives a place to put good stuff, if you so choose.

As far as your dad, and feeling better and safer. As you work through this all, and get a little older (22 may not feel "young," but your heart and mind will feel safer a few years away), and build some good experiences, you will be able to put some of this in a less scary perspective.

Again, good work, so far.