Thread: Giving up
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
asl3821176
Paused

When my A was drinking and would say he had a headache I would give him tylenol pm, and he would sleep for most of the day, so I could have some peace and not have to deal with him. He would take anything since he was also doing drugs, I actually thought about giving him something to kill him, but I knew that I really couldn't go through with it. Years later after he quit drinking, he saw me with a tylenol pm and said is that what you were giving me? I said yes, and he said you could have killed me if you wanted to, and I said yes and that I had actually thought about it. It really made him think.
I also want to add something from my own experience not drinking does not make an alcoholic "sober". They have to deal with whatever made them drink in the first place, just as I have to deal with what made me stay with him for 20 years. A "dry drunk" is a very hard thing to live with also. My A thinks he has done his part by not drinking and refuses to do any more. That is why I have made the choice to leave him.
I do understand your pain and frustration
ALS