View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wifeofanACoA

What is this 'new' behaviour?

Well, I have made up my mind to leave as some of you may know. My H knows that I want to leave - he asked me point blank - and I could only answer with, "I don't know. I guess we'll see."
I'm seeking to hold on through the holidays because I figure that it would look better and be less difficult for my 4 children. Look better - because I don't need a whole bunch of people thinking 'oh poor guy, his wife left him before Christmas'.

Well, it was two days before TGiving and he was willing to move out (had stayed in that vein for a week or more?) and then the day before TGiving he tells me that he is going to stay.

This is the same man who was saying to me, "This year we're having separate Christmases. You go one way and I'll go the other and we'll just transfer the kids at some point."

And now...
Since the evening before TGiving he is being completely nice - has come home with presents for me on two of the nights and is being so calm and patient. He acts like NOTHING has ever gone wrong. I feel like I'm living in some twilight zone because now he's always around me and doting on me. I HATE IT! I want to run away screaming and tell him to 'back off!' but I don't because I'm just trying to make it through this next month.

Now I hear him in the kitchen cleaning and tapping his fingers on the counter. I feel so irritated because this is not how he normally acts. And I want to be leaving the 'real' him.

I know it's a cycle but I can't handle how he's acting so nice. Please some insight so that I stay with accepting that he has NOT truly changed.