View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I am seeing this exact same thing in myself. Same plan. Thank you for sharing this, it has helped me immensely..

QUOTE=unsureoffuture;4326450]Thank you all so so much for your responses and this thread!! After almost a year of struggling I am finally at peace with my decision to leave. I think I have reached an epiphany!!!

I was so worried about how it would affect the kids, not being able to protect them, him drinking and driving with them etc etc etc. I failed to see how my resentment and repressed anger toward ADH is already affecting them. How toxic our house already is. I am the one that is short fused, gets angry easily and lashes out more than I should. Especially when I am left to deal with everything in the household. He is just unavailable to them and me most of the time. I am the sick one as a codie and I know it will affect them as they grow older.

I am planning to file after the holidays. I too am a planner and have decided to just LET GO. I will not plan who will move where or stress about the details. I will fight to the best of my ability to get the strongest parenting plan and whatever will be, will be. I will do my best to establish a safe and peaceful home for the kids that is free from anger and resentment. I now realize I have to take care of me first to better take care of them.[/QUOTE]