Old 01-28-2005, 05:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Don W

Hi Dance, I had a simalar problem getting into VA Hospital one time. I had to use Jon's suggestion. Even the VA personel will tell you to claimyour a danger to yourself and that you want to hurt yourself. I called an ambulance, once in the hospital emergency room, the only way to not have to deal with you is for you to sign yourself out. Possesion is 9/10ths of the law. And they possess you. In fact, instead of going through a doctor to get admitted many do this to get atound red tape. They can divert the ambulance but, somebody has to take you if only in fear of a law suit if something were to happen to you. Many of these hospitals go by crazy rules so you have to be slick. At the VA Hospital, If you get put out your home and stay at a hotel. Then try to check in saying your homeless, it won't work. They consider your hotel your home even for 1 night. The counsilors have to send the Veteran to a homeless shelter for 1 night. They can then admit them the next day. What I did this last time was call 911 and told the police I felt terrible and was afraid I was going to hurt myself. They called the ambulance and I was in. I know we talk about honesty but, get honest after your in the hospital. Don W