View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Ahhh yes...they can only white knuckle it for so long which is why it never works unless you are working an actual program. You cannot beat addiction alone!

O believe me, he acted all sad that my dd's have been affected...but it won't be enough to change anything. He has made many many empty promises to them, they know it too. I don't ever talk in a negative way about him to them, they have figured it all out themselves. I don't hide it for him either, I stopped lying to everyone for him quite a while ago..that did free me alot. So again..what do I expect of him....absolutely nothing.

Originally Posted by JustAGirl1971 View Post
Yes, I do see. Unfortunately, my AH does not see. Even when I told him dd was counting the vodka bottles and even when ds moved out. The "real issue" is of course me, our marriage, ds, etc, etc, etc (insert eyeroll.) He supposedly hasn't drank in a month. If his grouchiness on game days is any indication, I may actually believe him! The current boundary is no drinking in our house. I don't think he can live with that boundary much longer. After all, Christmas, New Year's, the Super Bowl, and wed, thurs, fri, sat, sun are all coming up