View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post

Hammer, you have replied in a similar fashion to a post of mine in the past. I didn't understand then and don't understand now what it is you're saying. What I hear is that any attempt for me to see if the truth is actually being told is co-dependency, and that doesn't go along with the usual focus on "facts, not feelings", so I figure I'm not getting your meaning. Could you try again, please? I don't want to hijack the thread, but I feel like this is pertinent to the OP's question and would be helpful to her also.
Oh, I did not mean to present any deep meaning. Much more of a mock punishment (being whipped by a wet noodle) for a "mock" sin. (I think) we all wonder how to be able to even back off, and then once we figure that out, we wonder if we have back off to far.

In more complex terms -- Sins of Commission v. Sins of Omission.

Either way, it is still Progress Not Perfection. AND THAT is Good Enough.

Seeking wiser Senior Alanannies' advice on the matters of how to handle things -- they always seem to coach that I follow my feelings. I have absolutely NO trust in myself in that regard. Did they not deliver me to this situation?

But as we align ourselves with God / HP / The Program . . . they maybe seem to realign us from the inside out? In this regard, I would think the AA promises may be true . . .

We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

For the full list of what this stuff can bring . . . .

PROMISES AA Big Book Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Promises of AA 12 Steps