View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Hmmm....I am sorry to say this and maybe I am wrong. In my opinion someone who is actively trying to be sober will not have alcohol in their home. I would be VERY surprised if he has not been drinking. It shows you what his mindset is. If he has not been drinking...he was GOING to. It was there, it was hidden, he was planning to drink it. That's all.

You are wasting your breath in the confrontations although I understand, it is almost impossible not to do it. Please please take it slow with him. Do not rush into a serious committment or have any children with someone who is an active alcoholic. I am sorry, I am not trying to be unkind, just trying to protect you from what is bound to be a life of heartache. It's not a club you want to join, believe me.

In the mean time, what are you doing to work on you and how you react to all of this? You cannot control his actions but you can certainly control your REACTIONS. I hope you are attending Celebrate Recovery or Alanon and working on YOU because that is within your control. We are here to walk that journey with you.

Good Luck and God Bless.