View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
GracieLou

I cannot tell you why you drink that way, I can only tell you why I drank that way.

The reason is because I am an alcoholic. Once I have that first drink, the chase it on and I will chase it until I am in a black out and then I will pass out.

Originally Posted by DayDreamer33 View Post
1) I love the feeling of being drunk
I did too until I didn't. After a while it was no longer a choice. I had done it so often and so long that it was my way of life. I could not function without the booze.

2) I love having no rules for a change. (i know that there are rules sober but drunk I believe I can do anything)
There are rules about drinking it just seems you have not faced them yet. There will come a time when these friends that are putting up with your **** fests will wonder away.

There are no rules about being sober. It is called life. Dealing with life on life's terms. It is not a rule. Everyone is different and sobriety comes in varying flavors.

3) Once drunk, I feel like I am never drunk enough
I understand this. I wanted more. The chase. I ran that race many times.

4) I like the feeling of living life on the edge. what if i drink too much and die i sometimes think. this makes it so much more invigorating
I fell off the edge. I can tell you, it was not invigorating.

5) i never feel very strong emotions or attachment to others sober. being drunk changes this
Neither did I and at times I am still lonely in a room full of people. This does get better. The more I have set my fear aside and reached out to people the more I find. The more comfortable I get and the more friends I make.

I realize all these reasons are very bad and very dangerous to myself and others. However, I am often bored/fed up with the society I watch around me and i feel the need to leave it, and this is my escape.
I understand the escape. When I looked around me I did not feel that I wanted what others had. It was lame or useless to me.

I could ramble about what I did to change all these things you mention but that won't change anything for you.

I think the only question you have to ask yourself is, are you an alcoholic?