Old 11-30-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SpouseRecovery

You know how to tell if an alcoholic is lying?

You know how to tell if an alcoholic is lying? Their lips are moving. I'll never forget those words--they came from my AH's drug and alcohol counselor. I believe my AH is once again trying to getting sober, after relapsing shortly after exiting inpatient rehab. But how am I to trust him again? And how does he not realize that I know about his dishonesty and manipulation since he exited rehab?

We are currently separated and there is a Protection Order because of his behavior, which also limits communication between us. While this is a good thing, he constantly abuses it by texting me regarding our relationship etc. We are only to communicate to arrange supervised visits of our daughter. I could easily tell him off, prove him wrong, point out his lies and manipulation, but I want to stick to the protection order. I wonder if he thinks I am falling for any of it.

While I am happy that he is currently trying to get sober again, he has constantly proven to me that he cannot be trusted. Why doesn't he see that? His most recent obsession is whether or not I am dating someone. He has hacked my online accounts, followed me online etc. I received notification of it last week and had him blocked. He of course takes that as guilt and again assumes I am dating through the internet. I guess it is easier for him to believe that something other than his drinking and lying ended our marriage.

Since he exited rehab on 11/19, he has repeatedly lied, trespassed and used my parents' vacant home as a hang out, left (or gotten kicked out of) the clean and sober house that his parents were paying for, phished around for information from my friends and family and the internet (by hacking my accounts) to find out if I have a boyfriend, which I don't, asked me to drop the protection order, violated the protection order in a variety of ways, begged me to let him come home by telling me he was living in his truck (which he wasn't), failed to show up to sign refinance paperwork on our house, lied to me and his family and friends about where he would be on Thanksgiving and blew off his family's Thanksgiving, and the list goes on...

Call me crazy...but I am starting to think his counselor was right.