Thread: New and lost
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DreLeo

New and lost

Hey everyone. I am new to this site but I am so happy I found it. I have been fighting my addiction since I was 14 but 19 is when I starting fighting heroin for my life. It has taken everything from me like it so often does. I had 6 years clean but relapsed this past March. I've been trying to quit since June but unfortunately I failed on suboxone, there is currently no state funding available for a bed in a detox and the only methadone clinic that i could get a hold of has rescheduled me twice. I need to get off and get clean but it seems like I'm reaching out for help only to be turned away. It is frustrating but I am not giving up this time.

So the only thing I can do now is detox from home but I am so scared. I haven't done it in years and I am not as healthy as I was then. I have a large habit and I can only assume this withdrawal will be rough to say the least. I live with my parents and they are too old to go through this again but I don't have anyone else that will help me. This drug has taken everything and everyone. I'm afraid if I don't stop now it will not only take me but it will take my parents. They are not healthy and the stress has really gotten to them. So I guess I am just looking for some advice on how to make it a little more bearable and hopefully some support. I don't know anyone in recovery anymore so it would be nice to talk to people who can relate and guide me to a better way of living. Thanks so much.