View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

will she have an outpatient group or anything? When I got out of the hospital I had a half day program to attend three days a week, helped me get back into living in the "real" world.

As far as the kids. Mine stopped talking, interacting with me for awhile. I focused on recovery, kept the lines of communication open with them. But didn't push or expect anything from them. Hoped and WANTED things from them, but kept mum on it. I was the best mom I could be, and that was that. In time, their OWN time, they began to communicate back.

My recovery program helped me do that, to have the perspective, and respect for others to let them be who they were, and have the feelings they had, and make choices about how they wanted to behave. I am not in control of the feelings or behavior of others. That was a slice of humble pie to swallow...wow.

I wouldn't walk on eggshells or anything, but do be aware and understanding that she's in a tend place, recovering from a serious chronic illness and will have to unlearn some things, and relearn some things. But you don't and shouldn't tolerate bad behavior. That really doesn't help anyone.

best to your whole family!