View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Redemption19

Good morning, those painful cravings can be a real distraction. Find yourself not thinking of anything other than alcohol "popping in your head". I haven't been on here in a few days but what a refreshing feeling it is when i read all the wisdom on here. Still learning my way around the site but this AM i ended up on the posts related to people dealing with alcoholics. It brought a tear to my eye. One woman posted so much insightful stuff and the lyrics to the song "in my daughters eyes". Anyway, i am going to jump over there and then post her location. Please read it. I woke up this AM thinking about the "night before Thanksgiving" . . . yup, that day is usually one where alcohol should be involved. I am hoping to avoid that bad decision and wake tomorrow with a spring in my step. Feeling healthier than i would if i pop the top on anything. Proud of all of you. Keep up the good work; even if it hurts. It is better to be in discomfort because you are doing something positive than to be in discomfort because of regret, disappointment and a hangover. You're all champions in my eyes. So many people never even enter the race!