View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 09:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jessiebug

Friends...wow. I still, somehow, still have friends after this relationship with my addict. I always know how I'm feeling about my life when I try to figure out the last time I've spoken to my friends. If things are good, I talk to them every couple days. If not, weeks, months, even years. It's terrible how the isolation feels. I know I cause a lot of it myself, but I do know that when I can't see it in myself, I just need to look to my relationships. I think a large part of my isolation is from feeling embarrassed by my addicts behavior. I hate that my friends and family hate him. It makes me feel like an idiot for loving him. Then I think there's something wrong with me. Then I think I'm not strong enough to change, and so on and so on. I snowball out of control. Anyway, friendships are important and I couldn't agree more with about this site. I've tried numerous times to find someone to talk to and I feel at home here. People are generally helpful and good-spirited and I appreciate the honesty and feeling of true compassion. Thank you all.