Old 11-26-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
CarryOn

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
And I already emailed back to say I would love to work for them and to keep me in mind etc...

I got a nice reply saying there were so many candidates all so highly qualified and it was very hard to narrow it down due to the limited positions for start up.

The woman I emailed who interviewed me told me she encouraged me to keep in touch as the next (this coming fall) school year approaches and they may need to hire more staff and will keep my resume on file.

I'm assuming she's just being nice bc the initial email just said we can't offer you a position at this time and good luck in your search.
WTBH...hugs...you did GREAT!!! There are two things I truly believe in fate with - house hunting & job hunting. Recruiting is part of my job...so maybe a couple thoughts...

You can follow up with the interviewer to see if there is anything you could have done to improve your chances of being selected. Be objective, focus on yourself and your desire to sharpen your skill set and most people will be happy to give you a nugget or two to assist you. You can also reiterate your interest should another opening arise. We do keep strong candidates in mind for later consideration..and since you were top three I would say you were a strong candidate. If nothing else, it puts your name in front of them again and may help develop your network.