View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
LightInside

Do you all have any idea how grateful you are helping me to feel? I was devastated when my XA left our home. I had stayed with him for the same reasons that most of us stayed. I am through the hardest part of my grief now (I hope so. It's been 4 months.); and I'm able to hear things now that would have caused immense pain back in July/August. I knew logically at the time of the breakup that it was for the best, but I just couldn't really feel the gratitude that I'm starting to feel. How amazingly wonderful is it that if I had to be abandoned by someone I loved that he did it before he had done to much damage to our one year old? So amazingly wonderful. My son is really starting to imitate the ways that adults and older children act. I am so fortunate that I have never had to see my son act any more angry and violent than a typical toddler would.

Things are hard as a single parent. The grief was/is immense. I still miss the man my X used to be/the man I think he is under his disease. I miss my dream. Still, once I got past the worst of it, I really think our lives are better and will be worlds better in a few months.

Thank you all for helping along my journey. I really wanted do the big group hug icon, but can't seem to do it from my phone.