View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

You know what? He'll get over it all in the end BUT... if you drop the order, let him come back and pick up with the crazy train where he left it idling, will you get over it? I think not...

There is so much pain, anger and grief left in the wake of an active, out of control alcoholic. I don't care who ya are! It's mind blowing! I don't even think I could go another round with my husband after what he did and I still carry anger and resentment over his escapades! I am slowly processing it.

I will tell you though that I will never forget those glazed over eyes in a blacked out state while he was on a rampage. When that became apparent, the dogs and I would leave with anything I could carry out of the house which would be work clothes and my boots!

Stick to your plan (PO) and move on. Better things await you! I am a firm believer that he will drink with or without you by his side even if he did the 21 days. I say big effin deal a-hole! One thing I've really laid the hammer (sorry Hammer) down on is consequences. They. Should. Be. Felt. AND. Dealt. Him losing you is a consequence to HIM drinking! Cause to me at least, it sounds like you're over it... as you should be.