View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
meggem

Went to Alanon Meeting - 2nd time

Still on the 9th step. I felt a little less aggravated because I know it will tie in at some point and make sense, so I was open honest and willing. I did speak. I figured, I'm here, I may as well. I was honest. Told them I was not grateful to be here, I was not interested in amends, and I went on a bit. It felt good to talk, even if I was losing my train of thought, I knew they didn't care. I knew they were listening to every word I said, and that felt good. I knew they weren't judging me, and that felt good. Then the lady next to me rubbed my back a little. I thought - I have arrived. I got the strange person affection.

BUT after that, everyone who shared after me, was basically talking to me so that was nice. It was like they knew I needed to hear something, that it was ok to feel how I felt. I liked it.

I left feeling only that I knew I needed to be there. I guess I felt better - better isn't the right word. I only know sure, no matter how irritated I felt "having" to be there - I know it is where I need to be. That I am 100% sure of. More will be revealed.